Saturday, March 20, 2010

Getting Weirder

We drove towards town, looking for the square.  I already knew the church was going to be different, but when we reached the square it was shady, full of little planters and very different from the wide open rollerskating arena of my childhood.  I'd already told Ev about the big Olmec head in front of the municipal building.  This is what we saw.
First of all, he's in the Wrong Place. Second of all, they painted his eyes blue!  Third of all, it was cool and breezy.  People were wearing sweaters, which explains some of the mystery I've experienced looking at pictures of myself as a kid in sweaters.  The zocalo was full of people out enjoying the weather. 

We quickly (ha ha) found our 16 dollar a night motel, threw our shitcases in, found our travel cooziees, bought four beers and made our way to the plant.

But right now Ev is waiting for me to walk to the market so I will leave you with this-the plant is under high seguridad and we couldn't get in.

No comments:

Post a Comment