Thursday, August 19, 2010

Wednesday, Dive Day

Click on the pics to make them bigger.
Woke up to clouds and a big black storm heading our way across the sea.

Had coffee and ice cream for breakfast (well, it IS vacation). and enjoyed the view from the patio. Two rainbows, each complete.  Cruise ships have not abandoned Mexico though tourism is way down.



As I  headed out the door I strapped my barf watch on dreading the rough water.  Did 4 dives on a sea as smooth as glass, a way pleasant surprise.  At the end of the 4th long dive, my computer started beeping at me, have no idea what it wanted.  Ev said "Probably your passport".
Robert was the camera man, and you can see at the bottom of the picture the reef is really looking healthy:
On this dive, we saw something we've never seen.  A lobster, whose body was at least two feet long, changed hidey holes while we watched.  It took him minutes to get up the nerve, when he found his hole he turned around and backed in.  His little tail parts flared in and out as he moved.
Ev usually dives behind me "to watching me" because he is the best buddy in the world.  On this dive, I was looking and looking and he had to wait for me. A Lot.  At least he looked good while he was doing it.
We dove with an idiot, he was kicking coral and Roberto actually saw him WALKING ACROSS THE REEFS.  By the time the first dive was over, he'd pulled my regulator out of my mouth and finned the camera man in the head knocking his mask askew.  No one was hurt and the guy never even knew what he'd done.  In the end, we were happy to know they've moved him to another boat for tomorrow. This is Darwin, our divemaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment