Wednesday, May 3, 2023

 I had a little bad feeling this morning when I woke up. We were packed, I didn't have any last minute crisis additions to the luggage, things were going well with Kino but still my little bad feeling persisted.

Onward. 

Robert picked us up, we arrived at the airport at 11:40, a full two hours before our flight. I looked over at Tata, he looked like he was being led to the guillotine but he mustered a gamely smile thinking about the pizza he was going to eat.



Flight to Denver, on time! We shuffled to our gate.

Half the passengers were loaded, when suddenly the process was halted.  We heard, "We're calling maintenance, the door is malfunctioning." quickly followed by "The flight is cancelled"

I'm so disappointed, aggravated and all the bad things I can't really even speak. We're reticketed for tomorrow but that only gives us 2 nights in Florence and we're forfeiting the tickets I got for David and Galileo.

To retrieve our luggage, one by one, each of the 189 of us on the flight had to go to the ticket counter and describe our bag to a lone guy who would dive into the bowels of the airport and drag it up. Someone squawked on the little microphone pinned to our helper's shoulder, "Calm the fuck down!" The crowds roared.


Rather than go home, I took the stinkin' voucher from United and got us a cab to The Clyde. The sweet young thing at the desk asked me if I had a floor preference and I said, "as high up as possible and facing the mountain if you can." She said, "I can do BOTH of those things!"

I see no mountains, only antennae. 

The End

Addendum: Had dinner in the hotel bar. "I'll have the Clyde's Fizz, the hotel's signature cocktail", he said. "We're out of egg whites", the bartender retorted. "I'll have a icy cold glass of your Pinot Grigio", she said.  "Let me go get it out of the hot and stuffy storage room.", the bartender responded.

Headed to bed now, hoping to recoup my sunny disposition tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my oh my oh my

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope a bad start gets all the bad stuff out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, poo. Keep your chins up and your eyes peeled. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh NO. All fingers crossed for today.

    ReplyDelete