Friday, January 9, 2015

Aguas Termales, San Juan Cosala

Last weekend, on our way around the lake, Evboy and I drove past the Aguas Termales so I could get a bead on their exact location.  The place was teeming with people, there was no place to park and the vendors outside the pools/hotel/restaurant were selling floaties and toddler swim rings at two bucks a pop.  A far cry from the quiet hot water interlude I was wanting.

Today is Friday, the last weekday before the boy has to go home.  We decided to risk it all and go.  We were one of two cars parked in the street in front of the joint.
The place was populated with three quiet kids in their early twenties and one old guy who could have been in his 90's.  He was soon joined by his elderly spouse-she demurely changed out of her track suit into her swimming suit under a towel.  I couldn't hear what she was saying, but the boys said she was complaining "a small was too small and a medium was too large"...all the while doing a great impersonation of a runway model.  While I was looking at the leopard print on her suit I'll be darned if she didn't peel it off right then and there and change into a different one.  I was flummoxed-was I in shock or awe?  I quickly focused our attention on watching this cloud grow and blacken the sky, though I did keep my eye on the old biddy to see what other shenanigans she might pull.





The afternoon was whiled away-no one thought to bring reading material.  We ordered the go-to drink down here called a Michelada-a concoction of tomato product, clam juice, hot sauce and beer.  Micheladas come with a bowl of hot peanuts.  We discovered the littlest birds are the bravest.


No comments:

Post a Comment