Monday, May 2, 2016

A day in the Life

Before my feet hit the ground, I look to see if Elyse has an updated picture of Harvey. Ev peeps over my shoulder. Sometimes we cry before we even get out of bed. On a perfect day, we wake up to something delightful like this:

Coffee first, or in this case, the last piece of birthday cake scarfed while the coffee brews:

Kitties and doggies eat breakfast al fresco.



Sometimes it takes two men to do my bidding in the garden.Today they re-potted a mystery plant that had broken it's  previous home with its mighty roots.


It's walk time before it gets too hot. This boy can barely contain himself. He's working really hard at not breaking my nose while I tie  my shoes.

Our walks take about an hour and are full of interesting things to pee on, I mean look at. Click on the pic and you can see our Capillita behind the tree.




Drive through Coke service if you're on a horse.



Wish you could smell this:

.

Hildedoodle is getting up there in age and brings up the rear, but she still wants to go, so we accommodate her. Either that, or she brings up the rear so she can eat bad things off the street while I'm unaware. She's a sly one, that Hilde.
A gate was open, I asked to come in. The owner lives in Guadalajara, the house in Ixtla is her weekend house. She is a curandera so she grows plants to make tinctures and salves. I went home and got Jose so he could see what our next project will be. He pretended to be thrilled.




Kale smoothie for us for breakfast.



It's going to be hot and dry today, so we took the opportunity to drag the rug out to steam clean it. Humidity is close to 0, it'll be dry by tonight.


A trip in to town for the organic market and because I was very very good, a gelato to tide me over while we go to Costco.



Let me just say that MAYBE this day was not one of our best eating plans, lol. I'll make up for it when I cook all the stuff from the organic market tomorrow.


May is a hot and dusty month down here. Also, it's MBS month. Mexicans Burning Shit everywhere you turn. Air quality is poor.
But sunsets are stunning.

It's down to my bodega for a little play time, When the moon rises over the house I know it's time for bed.

Dannnng. Looks like Ev got hungry and fixed a little snack with our Costco buy. Oh, well.


There's always tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Love this day...your neighbor is impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if my comment was entered? Oh Well--as you say. I am glad you are so happy in Mexico

    ReplyDelete